Good morning class 5,
Just a quick note to say that your PHSE is a live lesson that will happen today at 10am (see the PHSE tab in afternoon lessons for more info). Those of you who are alert and awake this morning will be thinking to your self, "Hang on Miss Anderson... 10am.... that's when we are doing Mrs C's writing lesson! We can't do 2 things at once!"
Well, I have a solution! Please watch Mrs C's lesson live as usual and then go to the link for the PHSE this afternoon. If you scroll to the bottom of the page the video will have been uploaded there. Look for today's date.
Multiplying 2 digits by 1 digit
I can find the area of 2D shapes
1) Watch the maths video below.
2) Choose - Bronze, Silver or Gold as your challenge and work through as many questions as you can, remembering to leave enough time to mark your answers (you might want to mark each set before you move to the next). If Bronze looks too easy you can start straight on silver but then if you find it tricky you can always go to bronze to build your confidence first.
3) Watch the Youtube link tutorials to mark your maths learning.
Reading: I can make notes while reading
We will be listening to Chapter 3 today. You won't be completing a quiz afterwards but you will need something to write on. If you have time at the end, you could draw the map I show you with the names of all the places Michael visits and add the names of the land or sea animals seen at each place.
Writing: I can write a narrative.
Your writing lessons will come from the amazing Mrs C - I know lots of you have met her before in class.
1) At or just before 9.45am, please go to Youtube to find the Live Lesson for the day.
2) Participate in the lesson 9.45 - 10.45 with your very best ideas and vocabulary.
3) Send your amazing sentences on Google classroom - writing classwork will appear each day - so I can mark it.
What if I miss the lesson?
Don't worry - it will remain on the channel so you can catch-up later in the day.
Please do try and complete before 3pm though so I can mark your writing.
What do I send?
Throughout the lesson you'll be doing lots of thinking, collecting vocabulary and drafting - you can do this any way you like and don't need to send this in.
You do need to type up what you've written on the blank document that will appear in you Google Classroom classwork tab. This will be between 3 sentences and a short paragraph.