W.B. 11/1/21 - topic lesson 1
I can discover facts about the Maya civilisation and explain who the Maya people were and when and where in the world they lived.
Our topic this half term is the Mayans and South America.
1) Read through the information in the powerpoint below.
2)When you get to the map information in the powerpoint, use the map resource linked below to outline and label the different countries.
3) Create a 'welcome to Maya' tourist information page using the document on google classroom. Please submit your pages by 3pm on Friday so that I can mark them over next week. I have included some possible subheadings on the document but if you want to use different ones, you can delete mine.
w.b. 11/1/21 - Topic lesson 2
I can explain the religious beliefs of the Maya people.
1) Read the information in the powerpoint presentation below.
2) Make a Maya god fact file. Choose 4 Gods to write a description of. Include information about their appearance, the meaning of their name, what they are god of and an interesting fact.
3) Log into google classroom and complete the 'Maya god quiz'.
Topic 1 - I understand how the Maya number system worked.
1) Read the information in the powerpoint below.
2) Open the document below and work out what number is being represented. The answers are on the second page of the document. You can use the powerpoint to help you work out the answers if you get stuck.
Topic 2 - I can use a range of evidence sources to help me understand Maya life.
1) Read the information in the powerpoint.
2) Look at the pictures in the PDF document, choose one of them to complete the task linked below.
3) Draw your own picture of the evidence that you used.