Reading: I can retrieve information from a text
Today you will need to listen to Chapter 1 of our new story - Kensuke's Kingdom. I will stop and ask questions at some points so be ready to have a go at answering. Once you've listened to the chapter, there is a short quiz on Google Classroom for you to have a go at. You might want to look at the questions first so you can be listening out for the answers.
Writing: I can write a narrative.
Your writing lessons will come from the amazing Mrs C - I know lots of you have met her before in class.
1) At or just before 9.45am, please go to Youtube to find the Live Lesson for the day.
2) Participate in the lesson 9.45 - 10.45 with your very best ideas and vocabulary.
3) Send your amazing sentences on Google classroom - writing classwork will appear each day - so I can mark it.
What are we writing?
A story based on the story 'The Secret of Black Rock'. The best writing for each day will be posted on our weeks sentence stack.
What if I miss the lesson?
Don't worry - it will remain on the channel so you can catch-up later in the day.
Please do try and complete before 3pm though so I can mark your writing.
What do I send?
Throughout the lesson you'll be doing lots of thinking, collecting vocabulary and drafting - you can do this any way you like and don't need to send this in.
You do need to type up what you've written on the blank document that will appear in you Google Classroom classwork tab. This will be between 3 sentences and a short paragraph.
1) Watch the maths video below.
2) Choose - Bronze, Silver or Gold as your challenge and work through as many questions as you can, remembering to leave enough time to mark your answers (you might want to mark each set before you move to the next). If Bronze looks too easy you can start straight on silver but then if you find it tricky you can always go to bronze to build your confidence first.
3) Watch the Youtube link tutorials to mark your maths learning.
Thank you to Ethan and his mum for spotting that the answer to Q4 on gold is not correct. The correct answer is 299m. Even teachers make mistakes!